We celebrated our tenth anniversary in 2013! Since July 2003 the Risk Doctor brand has built a strong global reputation for excellence in risk management support, blending leading-edge thinking with expert practical application. A lot has happened in the past ten years, both in the wider world as well as the Risk Doctor world. Explore and remember with our Celebration Timeline, which recalls key events of the last decade.
Company Values and Ethos
Everything we do through The Risk Doctor Partnership is characterised by four key values:
- Purpose. We are a purpose-driven company, motivated by principles not profits. Our purpose is to help others to deal effectively with uncertainty wherever and however they encounter it.
- Generosity. We have been blessed with more ideas than we can use ourselves. Where appropriate we will give these away to support our purpose, through our advice, papers, articles and briefings. Otherwise we will charge a fair price when people need to leverage our experience and expertise.
- Efficacy. We want everything we do to make a difference, moving beyond mere efficiency (more for less) and effectiveness (obtaining measurable results) to efficacy (achieving desired goals).
- Contributors. We will be innovative and creative in our drive to generate positive-sum relationships with our clients, partners, suppliers, community and the environment. Our goal is to create prosperity by putting in more than we take out.
Our company ethos is based on the following principles:
• applied effort
In addition, our consultancy, speaking, writing and coaching is shaped by the Risk Doctor motto:
"Understand profoundly so you can explain simply" This ensures that our work represents both sound thinking and practical application.
Dr David Hillson is the Risk Doctor, with a reputation as
- an expert risk consultant
- a frequent author on risk management
- a popular conference speaker on risk management
He is well-known internationally as a leading thinker and expert practitioner in risk management, and he consults, writes and speaks widely on the topic. David specialises in both strategic and tactical risk, with a particular interest in opportunities and risk psychology. David’s contributions to the risk discipline over many years have been recognised by a range of awards, including “Risk Personality of the Year” in 2010-11, and the PMI Eric Jennet PM Excellence Award in 2011.
The Risk Doctor Partnership offers access to a network of expert associates around the globe. All our partners are recognised senior risk experts with a track record of successful risk consulting. Each one is recognised as an acknowledged authority in their field of expertise.
Members of The Risk Doctor Partnership bring specialist risk skills and competence in particular application areas. They include world-class experts in financial risk, reputation risk, environmental risk, corporate and strategic risk, programme and portfolio risk, operational risk, quantitative risk analysis, risk psychology etc.
Our partners are based across the globe, including Europe (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece), Middle East (UAE, Israel), the Americas (US, Canada, Brazil, Venezuela), Asia (China, Taiwan), Oceania (Australia, New Zealand), and Africa (South Africa).
The Risk Doctor Partnership has unrivalled reach in terms of both geography and application domain. Whatever your risk challenge, it's likely that a member of The Risk Doctor Partnership will be able to help. Contact us to find out more.
Ask the Risk Doctor
Risk Doctor Network briefings provide regular insights into current risk issues.
click to expand
Meet the Risk Doctor in person at events across the globe.
click to expand